Monday, October 6, 2014

Warning: a very tired sister missionary wrote this!

October 6, 2014

flute flute twoot twa twoot. 

As I was trying to think of what to write in this blog, the above was literally all I could think of. Inspiration or lack of sleep? It is for you to judge. 

So. General Conference. It's what all the cool kids watch on the first weekend of October and April. Were you there or were you square? Did you care to do your hair? Did you watch it as a pair? Did you listen to each prayer? Would you watch it as a dare? 

If so… I dare you to watch every single talk of this general conference. double DOG dare you. so I mean business. 

“This week” is a horrible way to start this paragraph. I feel like I always say "this week" so we're going to change it up a little bit. “The seven days that we have been out of contact have been interesting….” Every week is interesting on the mission. Two of our investigators have postponed getting baptized so that was an unfortunate twist in the story. BUT they are both resolute in their desire to change, which gives me great hope. 

I killed a cockroach this week. 

Question: I have heard a rumor that cockroaches can withstand an atomic bomb. Yet recent experience tells me that they cannot withstand a gentle tap (ok not so gentle) of my shoe. Can anyone resolve this for me? 

Obviously I am in no state to write anything of real importance as my tiredness level has driven me to speak of cockroaches. It was a great week. We taught a lot of people, I welcomed a former-now-new companion, enjoyed a lot of food, a lot of cleaning, a lot of love, a lot of Lot and his wife who turned into a pillar of salt. (whoa, where did that come from? Sorry, I’ve already confessed I haven’t had a lot of sleep!)

DON'T FORGET OUR DATE TO SEE “MEET THE MORMONS” ON OCTOBER 10th!!!!  I will not stand you up, but I might not actually be at the same theater as you. The success of the first weekend largely determines how long it will be in theaters. Spellcheck tells me that I still spell theatres wrong. 

I love you!

see you at the movies.

-Hermana Thomas  


No comments:

Post a Comment