Monday, July 14, 2014

No, we're not in Kansas anymore!

July 14, 2014

So I now live in one of the cities with the highest crime rates in the whole United States..... No wonder it's stolen my heart! 

hola hola from San Bernadino my fine friends. things they are a'changin' as we like to say out here on the west coast. New..........everything. I'll explain in a second, but first, a picture. 



this is my very first day in my new ward! recognize the clothes? yeah, they're all mine. Hermana McCartt and I have begun sharing all things closet. (shout out to Jane who I hear is ALSO sharing my closet. enjoy it while it lasts.....) actually, how about another picture? this is us going to city hall trying to find a map of San bernadino. guess what? They don't have one! but now i have photographic evidence of my existence here.

  
No, we're not in Kansas anymore. it doesn't even seem like I'm in California anymore. We had dinner this week in the "Mountains." not quite up to Utah standards, but while they lack height, it was probably one of the highlights of my week to drive up those blissfully windy (windy as in winding around. as in a country artist would try to pass it off as a rhyme for "kindly" not windy as in blowy air) mountain roads to eat dinner at -basically- a tree house. 

How is the work different here? how ISN'T it different? Well my new companion really really really likes to sing, so we have been doing a lot of that as of late. we actually had a really cool experience. So we went to go see one of the less-active members in the hospital (her diabetes went crazy) and asked her what her favorite hymn was. she told us "mas cerca Dios de ti" (nearer my God to thee) so we sang all of the verses. When we had finished, she was crying and the man in the next room over yelled "sing to me too!) so we went over and sang him a song. The spirit was so strong and it felt as if we were encompassed in a sphere of comfort and serenity. It's hard to explain, but I can't wait to see the miracles that come from this area!

Love to all of you,

-Hermana Thomas   

No comments:

Post a Comment