Monday, March 24, 2014

Rarin' to get back to work!

March 24, 2014

My eyes have felt very patriotic as of late. That is to say: red white and blue.....but mostly red.

I have spent the past almost seven days straight in strict quarantine. My trusty companions have been: my water bottle, my scriptures, my Spanish to English dictionary and of course...my actual companion. yep. that pretty much summed up my last week for you. I couldn't even go to church, so we held our own "sick"-rament meeting (instead of sacrament meeting) with me, my companion, and the other two missionaries that live with us (before they headed out to real church.) sick-rament was a success! we had an opening prayer, and song, then Hemana Stuber gave a talk about faith, I gave a talk about repentance, and then we had a closing song and prayer. It was definitely the highlight of my week, but I was so sad not to be able to take the sacrament, which is the most important reason for going to church.

All in all it was a very interesting week, and I am grateful for the extra time I got to study, and the self reflection, but I am more than ready to get back out and start sharing the happiest part of my life with the people I love so much of Palm Desert California! 

con carino,

Hermana Thomas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment