Monday, August 4, 2014

McMission McMusings





 August 4, 2014

​let's play a game. who recognizes any of these toys? 



​ok what about this mascot? 



​a little before your time? let's try this one. (i like it because the plaque looks like a missionary tag)  


ok ok you guessed it. I'm at the site of the very first... 



​McDonalds!!!

Did you know that McDonalds was started in San Bernardino? I did not. Did you know that it used to be "McDonald's Barbeque?" I was oblivious. Did you know that the McDonald brothers sold it for 2.7 million dollars? I admit I was surprised. 

These are the kind of things you learn when walking the streets of Good old San B. 

I would just like you to know that I have started this blog about 7 times. I have honestly no idea what to say. So I will just tell you a story, and share a scripture. Interpret it as you will. 

This week we went to the house of a less active member of the church. She is very kind but is going through some really hard things at this point in her life. She has a few big decisions to make and stands at a critical crossroad. We invited her to start reading the scriptures and praying for guidance. we invited her to come to church. She responded that she would really like to, but with so many things going on, she didn't really know how much time she could devote to that. We pleaded with her to change the focus of her life and turn to the Savior. With so many problems and thoughts swirling around she said that she would try but we could hear the lack of commitment in her voice. We testified of the blessings we have received from putting the savior first in our own lives. we challenged her to take small steps to return. She said that she was going to wait until everything else resolved itself and THEN work on her relationship with God. When we left we heard her un-pause her netflix show.  

If you are going through something especially hard, or just the normal riggers of life, please don't focus so much on the problem that you overlook the solution. 

Matthew 11:28

 28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I hope things are going well for you this week!

-Hermana Thomas 






No comments:

Post a Comment