Monday, June 9, 2014

....and things are really heating up!

June 9, 2014

miracles, miracles, miracles.

Is there a song that mentions miracles? All I can think of is "do you believe in Magic" which is KIND OF the same thing, but then again not even at all......Ahhhhh! Now I have that song stuck in my head! I guess I'll just have to distract myself by telling you about a couple of MIRACLES that happened this week.

First off. I didn't melt. Which wouldn't really be a problem for the city because they have regular street-sweepers for such occasions, but I would REALLY love to live to be able to see my little nephews again. This week it went over 115 degrees. That’s Fahrenheit, people.

Secondly. I actually got mail!!!! I'm not sure if I told you, but where I live now doesn't accept forwarded mail. THUS the mission office has to hold aaaaaaaall of my mail until someone nearby me travels to Redlands. gah! But I was pleasantly pleased to receive my mail from the office this week and probably read those little guys about 60 times each. (But that's just a ballpark figure.)

Thirdly. The number of lessons that we taught this week DOUBLED! I'm not sure what that was due to, but I loved it! We have three people who have a date when they want to get baptized, and we're about to have a fourth. I love that I have stayed in this area so long because I've been able to see the miracles that have taken a little longer to come about. Hooray for Indio, California!  Hooray for the gospel of Jesus Christ!


-Hermana Thomas 

No comments:

Post a Comment