Monday, November 10, 2014

A testimonial post script

November 10, 2014

Tomorrow is a very special day. A very special and unique day indeed. It’s....................Veteran's day! woo hoo! 

o.k. o.k. It's also special because it will be the day that I fly home. My first day as a missionary veteran. I have fought the good fight. And now I will return home to my loved ones to continue the cause. 

I have not had to think about what to say for my last missionary blog post because I have known from the beginning that I wanted to share with you -the people I love so much- that which is the most important thing I have, my testimony. 

For a year and a half I have shared it with strangers, people on the street, members in southern California, atheists, companions, the mission president, investigators, less actives, and most everyone I have met. Now I want to share it with you.

I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. Everything in this world testifies of that. I know that He created a perfect plan for us to learn and have happiness and become like Him. I know that Jesus Christ is the center of that plan and that He took upon himself our pains and sins and temptations. I know that He knows perfectly how to help us and that if we go to Him we will receive joy and peace.

I know that following His teachings and example is the only way to happiness. I have felt utter joy and calmness at points in my mission that I know came from trying to follow Him. I would not trade those feelings for anything. 

I know the fullness of the teachings of Jesus Christ and His true church were restored by our loving Heavenly Father for us to enjoy. I know that they were restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. 

This makes me happy. 

This makes me smile 

This is what I live for; because this is why I have been sent here to live. I choose to follow God's plan for me because He knows how to perfectly lead me along the path of happiness.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

-Hermana Thomas 






No comments:

Post a Comment